Benefits of Membership
The SWS Western chapter includes the states of Arizona, California, Hawaii and Nevada. SWS Western members are comprised of consulting scientists, local, state and federal agency members and researchers and higher education academics. We have one of the most diverse regions in US with wetland types that range from coastal California to the high mountains in the Sierras, to the great basin deserts and central valley. The Arizona desert wetlands are different from the Nevada arid wetlands and then onto Hawaiian island wetland ecosystems.
Membership in the Western Chapter links you with other wetland professionals who are working in the region on similar wetland types and issues. Chapter membership includes updates on regional events and activities.
Membership in SWS includes:
- Full access to the Wetlands journal
- Electronic access to quarterly issues of Wetland Science and Practice (WSP)
- Electronic access to Wetlands Ecology and Management and Estuaries and Coasts
- SWS monthly e-newsletter
- Access to members-only discussion forum sections of the SWS website
- Member rates for Wetland Professional in Training (WPIT) and Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) certification
- Participation in regional chapter and section activities and benefits
- Ability to apply or be nominated for SWS “members only” awards and grants
- Discounted registration at the SWS Annual Meeting
Become an SWS member today to receive these benefits!